Estate Planning & Trust Planning
Pellegrino Honick McFarland & Miller (PHMM) accounting and tax professionals offer estate planning & trust planning because we understand that the emotional as well as the financial assets of families need protection in the transfer of wealth from one generation to another.
Established in 1994, PHMM specialists work with our clients’ attorneys and financial planner to create and manage comprehensive plans to manage assets during life, to protect assets in the event of disability and to preserve wealth for heirs. PHMM can help owners of family businesses equitably manage the transfer of wealth.
Without proactive estate planning and administration, the government can take significant portions of estates through taxes. PHMM partners with our clients’ legal and financial advisers to design strategies that minimize estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer and income tax obligations.
- Accounting and auditing services
- Federal and state income tax return preparation
- Estate tax planning
- Gift tax planning
- Post mortem tax planning
- Final 1040 for decedent
- Fiduciary compliance
- IRS representation and resolution
- Forensic accounting
Estate Planning Tools
PHMM CPAs have experience working with these estate planning tools:
- Family Limited Partnership
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Qualified Personal Residence Trust
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trust
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust