A specialist in business consulting, forensic accounting, and litigation support, Harold McFarland has earned a reputation for being an expert in his field. He has earned several degrees, including a Master of Accountancy majoring in Taxation from the University of South Florida. He also holds several certificates, including Certified Management Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, and Certified Novell Engineer.
Harold McFarland has also been extremely active in the community through several professional and charitable organizations. Want to learn more about Harold McFarland? Please see his complete bio below or contact Harold using the form below.
Master of Accountancy, Major in Taxation
University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, 1990
Bachelor of Science, Accountancy
University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, 1988
- Certified Management Accountant, 1990
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 2007
- Certified Novell Engineer, Certified Novell Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Comptia Security + Certified
- Comptia Linux + Certified
PELLEGRINO HONICK MCFARLAND & MILLER, P.A.
January 1998 – Present
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS,SARASOTA, FLORIDA
Shareholder – Accounting and Business Services: Responsible for business consulting, reviews, compilations, business and individual taxation, forensic accounting and fraud examination engagements; litigation support engagements; computer consulting engagements; and supervision of firm computer system.
SECOND STREET SOLUTIONS, INC.
January 1998 – December 2008
INTEGRATED BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, SARASOTA, FLORIDA
Responsible for business computer and software consulting, software installation, training and support.
MCFARLAND & SHROCK
January 1993 – December 1997
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS, SARASOTA, FLORIDA
Partner: Planning and detail work of financial reviews and compilations; preparation of financial statements, internal control reports, and corporate, partnership and individual tax returns. Design, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer systems hardware and software.
HAROLD D. MCFARLAND, CPA
November 1991 – December 1993
Owner: Planning and detail work of financial reviews and compilations; preparation of financial statements, internal control reports, and corporate, partnership and individual tax returns. Design, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer systems hardware and software.
KEISER COLLEGE, SARASOTA, FLORIDA
Summer 1996 – Spring 1998
Instructor & Director of Computer Sciences Division: Computer systems applications; design, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer systems hardware and software.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Institute of Certified Management Accountants – Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Member
- Suncoast Friends of Youth – Treasurer
- Red Cross Volunteer and Shelter Operator
- Red Cross Emergency Radio Operator (FCC Extra Class Licensed – Highest Level Available)
- Chairman Red Cross Spiritual Care
- Sarasota County Human Services Advisory Council
- National Advisor to the International Fellowship of Counselors and Chaplains
BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Camping Associations
- Construction Contractors
- Retail Trade
- Professional Services
- Wholesale Distributors
- Real Estate Development
- Listed in International Who’s Who of Information Technology
- One of the People Selected to Write the National Comptia Linux + Certification Exam
- Technical Reviewer for Several Computer Books from Major Publishers in the Computer Field
LITIGATION SUPPORT EXPERIENCE
- Contract Dispute
- Data Recovery
- Computer Forensics
- Asset Search
- Internal Control Audit